I discovered the concept of fat bomb treats while I was following a ketogenic diet. They are a great source of healthy fats and an ideal treat for anyone who has weaned themselves off processed and overly sweet snacks.
They are now a regular feature of my paleo diet. I add the raisins for an extra hit of sweetness and the matcha for a sophisticated hint of green tea goodness.
I choose Kerrygold grass fed butter for the omega 3 content. I make my own ghee so I have a ready source of healthy fats for cooking but it’s smells so deliciously fudge-like that I think it makes the perfect ingredient for this fat bomb.
- 50g coconut butter or oil
- 50g grassfed butter or ghee
- 50g dark chocolate 85%
- 1tsp cashew nut butter
- 35g broken cashew nuts
- 1tsp matcha green tea powder (optional)
- 35g raisins (optional)
- Put all the ingredients except for the nuts, raisins and matcha powder into a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir well to melt the chocolate and then stir in the green tea powder, cashew nuts and raisins. Note that the raisins are optional and will increase the carbohydrate content of the fat bombs so leave them out if you are struggling to get into ketosis.
- Pour the mixture into a glass tray or better still a silicone chocolate mould.
- Refrigerate and eat at your leisure.